Mr. Prakash Javdekar, Union Minister of Education recently declared the schedule of JEE Main 2019. According to a recent release, National Testing Agency is going to conduct the JEE Main 2019 exam. From next year onwards NTA JEE Main 2019 will be held twice a year. It will be held in January and April. JEE is conducted at national level. In this article, you will read about the latest news & notifications, syllabus, preparation tips, exam dates, application form and important tips.
Latest News in JEE Main
Now its confirmed NTA will conduct JEE Main twice a year.
- The exam will be in online mode.
- Students have to book their slot for the exam.
- No need to verify class 12th Roll Number.
- First 2,24,000 students will be selected to give JEE Advanced examination.
- CBSE has introduced 258 exam center. 248 in India & remaining 10 in abroad.
- Now students with diabetics are allowed to take fruits & water in transparent bottles along with them.
JEE Main 2019 Exam Time Table
Phase 1 (January) Exam
|Jan 2019 Exam|
|Online submission of application forms||01.09.2018 to 30.09.2018|
|Dates of examination||Between 06.01.2019 to 20.01.2019 (8 different sittings, and candidate can choose any one)|
|Declaration of results||First week of Feb 2019|
Phase 2 (April) Exam
|April 2019 Exam|
|Online submission of application forms||Second week of Feb 2019|
|Dates of examination||Between 07.04.2019 to 21.04.2019 (8 different sittings, and candidate can choose any one)|
|Declaration of results||-|
NTA JEE Main 2019 Exam Pattern
NTA did not changed the actually exam pattern as previous year. But still some changes has been done. NTA has decided to take exam on the computer but in offline mode. Also, candidates must have booked the time slots for which they will be going to give the exam. Total questions in the exam pattern will be 90, hence divided into 30 question per subject, i.e. Physcics, Chemistry and MAthematics. Each correct question will carry 4 marks while ! mark will be decucted for incorrect answer. Exam Format will be in Multiple Choice Questions.
NTA JEE Main 2019 Application Form
JEE Main 2019 Application Form will be released in September 2018. You need to take care of some important factors before applying for JEE Main 2019.
- AADHAR Card is mandatory to fill the application form.
- You have to apply online for the the JEE Main 2019 exam.
- Notification regarding JEE Main 2019 (JAN) will be released in September 2018.
- Candidates must keep scanned photograph & signature of Father/Mother/Guardian at the time of filling application form.
- Dimension of scanned photoraph must be 3.5 x 4.5 cm. Dimension of scanned signature must be 3.5 x 1.5 cm.
- Scanned Images must be JPEG/JPG format. PNG format is not allowed.
- Multiple application from a single candidates will be rejected.
- You do not need to send hard copy of submitted application.
Application Fee for JEE Main 2019
- Application fee for JEE Main 2019 will be as per the category of the candidate.
- You have to pay application fee online through debit card/ credit card.
- You can also pay through challan at Syndicate/ Canara/ ICICI bank.
- Fees once paid will not be refund at any cost.
|Applying For||UR and OBC||PwD, SC, ST, and Girls|
|If Opting for Exam Center in India|
|JEE Main Paper 1 or Paper 2||
||Rs. 250 (Girls & Boys)|
|Both JEE Main Paper 1 and 2||
||Rs. 650 (Girls & Boys)|
|If Opting for Exam Center Outside India|
|JEE Main Paper 1 or Paper 2||
||Rs. 1250 (Girls & Boys)|
|Both JEE Main Paper 1 and 2||
||Rs. 1900 (Girls & Boys)|
NTA JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria
There are not major changes in the exam by the new conducting body NTA, Students now just focus on their studies. The eligibility criteria for the NTA JEE Main 2019 is as follows:
1. Date of Birth:
Students born on after 1st October 1994 are eligible. Age relaxation for 5 years is been givebn to the candidates of the Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Persons with Disabilites (PwD) candistes which are born on or before 1st Octobed 1989.
2. Year of Apperance:
- Student must have passed his/ her 12th exam or any equivalent exam in 2017 or in 2018.
- Students those are appereing in class 12th exam or any eqivalent exam in 2019, those candidates are also eliogible for the NTA JEE Main 2019.
- National Open Schools candidates are aslo eligible for the exam.
3. Number of Attempts:
- Every candiste have two attempts in a year that is one in january & second time in April.
- Total number of attempts for each candidate: The number of attempts for each candidate is given to be of 3 years. Currently there is no any such change as been introduced into this. The changes is not yet introduced so once any changes happens will be published.
4. Not Eligible Candidates:
- Diploma candidates are not eligible for the admissions in IITs, NITs but still they can appear for NTA JEE Main 2019 exam.
- Candidates those ho pass 12th exam in 2016 or before are not eligible.
- Candidates who had less then 5 subjects in their 12th or equivalent exam.
JEE Main 2019 Application Form Correction
Candidates are allowed to make the correction in their submitted form once Correction Period is open. Here we will describe some important points regarding making changes in Application Form.
JEE Main 2019 Admit Card
NTA will issue Admit Card to such candidates who have successfully submitted the application form. Once Admit Card is issued then candidates are allowed to download it. Candidates can download Admit Card by using their Application No. & login password. Candidates are responsible to download the admit card and make sure they have the print out of the admit card at the time of exam.
Admit card will have personal details of candidates. Details like seat number, name of the center of the examination, timing of the exam etc. So candidate must preserve their admit card carefully. Candidate must produce admit card at the time of exam as well as they must bring ID card along with it.
JEE Main 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus for JEE Main 2018 shall be as follows:
- Sets, Relations, and Functions
- Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations
- Matrices and Determinants
- Permutations and Combinations
- Mathematical Inductions
- Sequences and Series
- Binomial Theorem and its simple applications
- Limit, Continuity, and Differentiability
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equation
- Co-ordination Geometry
- Three dimension Geometry
- Vector Algebra
- Statistics and Probability
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Physics and Measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy and Power
- Rotational Motion
- Properties of Solids and Liquids
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Oscillations and Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Communication Systems
- Some basic concepts in Chemistry
- States of Matter
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- General Principles and processes of isolation of metals
- s-block elements
- p-block elements
- d and f- block elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Environmental Chemistry
- Purification and characterization of Organic compound
- Some basic principles of Organic Chemistry
- Organic compounds containing Halogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Principles related to practical chemistry